Bridge courses are specifically designed for students performing above grade level and those students that are self-motivated to keep up with the challenge of advanced courses. We want each of our students at The Creek to be placed in appropriate courses, with the level of each course matching both the ability level of the student and their motivation/effort. Bridge courses have set expectations/standards that are adhered to:
- In order to continue to participate in Bridge/Advanced courses the student must maintain at least a 3.0/B average in each core Bridge subject area.
- If at the end of the 1st 9-week grading period, the student’s course grade falls below a B the student will be placed on probation and a meeting will be held with the student and parent to discuss ways to help the student improve their academic performance.
- If after the 2nd 9-week grading period, the 1st semester average for that particular Bridge/Advanced course has not reached at least a 3.0/B, a schedule change will be made for the 3rd 9-week period to a lower level course.
- At the end of the school year a B average is required to remain in each Bridge/Advanced subject area course for the subsequent school year.
- If a Gifted student is removed from a Bridge/Advanced/Gifted ELA course due to not meeting the course grade standard, the student’s Gifted Educational Plan (EP) will be written through another core area Bridge/Advanced/Gifted course.
- The Bridge Program offers a special educationally centered fieldtrip for Bridge students. In order to participate in this special fieldtrip students must have at least a B average in each core Bridge course on their most recent report card.